Sunday, December 30, 2007

Heart Shaped Rocks--Grand Canyon














I recently did a 27 day rafting trip in the Grand Canyon...One of the coolest things I saw while I was down there (besides the beautiful scenery and the awesome rapids) was a rock covered in heart shaped rocks. Apparently, a couple (who has 60 trips between them) started the tradition years ago. Now, people that have been down before and know what's up bring rocks with them that they've found elsewhere in the canyon to add the collection...

No comments:

About Me

Colorado, United States
Welcome to my new travel blog...As many of you know, I live in Colorado and work for the Wilderness Medicine Institute teaching Wilderness First Responder course. (www.wmil.nols.edu) I also work in the Emergency Room in Fort Collins as an EMT. I try to travel as often as possible, but sometimes it's not quite as much as I'd like.