Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sunny San Jose

Well, maybe not so sunny, but I couldn't think of anything else that sounded as nice. I have finally arrived! After hours of flying and time spent at several different airports, I landed in Costa Rica. With wonderful directions from my friend Kristin, who lives here now, I boarded a local bus with confidence. The bus was supposed to be 20 minutes, but turned out to be 45. No problem, I arrived at my stop and got in a cab for the last 5 minutes to her house. An hour (AN HOUR!!!!) later, I finally spotted her casa papaya and hopped out. Unfortunately I had no colones and had to have the cab driver wait while I summoned Kristin to my rescue. With all that behind me, I hugged Kristin and Audrey and flopped down on the couch. I had been travelling for 15 hours! Note to self...NEVER arrive into San Jose during rush hour! :)

No comments:

About Me

Colorado, United States
Welcome to my new travel blog...As many of you know, I live in Colorado and work for the Wilderness Medicine Institute teaching Wilderness First Responder course. (www.wmil.nols.edu) I also work in the Emergency Room in Fort Collins as an EMT. I try to travel as often as possible, but sometimes it's not quite as much as I'd like.